Saturday, June 28, 2008

Answering a comment on 4shared..

Hi there,

Pat F. wrote to me on 4shared, and since I love reading your comments, I decided to respond. Here's what she wrote:
"[...]Thanks for sharing your talents with us! It seems to me that designers are fading faster than the first snow of Spring! I don't know if it's because it's Summer, (where I live anyway), or because so very few people remember their manners and just grab and run! It's sad! I am glad you're stlll here; thanks again!"

First of all, thank YOU Pat, for taking the time and effort to write such a long note while waiting for the link to appear.

It has been said before, and I will say it again.. The comments and thank you's that a designer gets, is VERY OFTEN what keeps her/him going. At least as far as I know, I myself get a HUGE kick out of reading your comments and even emails, and of course not all can be at the same page at all times, so I can see how some of my "fans" ( I know I have some, thank you all of you!!) likes my work in GENERAL, but not ALL of it. And that's ok. Absolutely!!
Even I myself doesn't like all of my kits and freebies a little while after I made it. How about that? *lol*

When it comes to designers "fading".. I can see how some people"give up" if they don't get comments and feedback on their work, I have had some lack of inspiration-times myself, and it's always so much easier to get back on track if you have ideas and comments to help you out. That's why I LOVE chatting with Leaonna for example. That is one extraordinary woman when it comes to motivation!! We chat, and create at the same time, and as we see each others creations, we get inspiration for our own kits as well!
But a simple comment saying "How about a boxer kit" or "I'd love a more grungy feel over your kits sometime" can make me think in different directions!!

This is just my way of responding to Pat's comment. I do read all of them, and I love it, but you do not need to comment unless you want to, but I think it's nice and I aprecciate it a lot.

I also wanna say this:
If there is anyone out there that feel they want my kits for free instead of buying them please email me, you will get them in exchange for some layouts with proper credits. (2 a kit) I have understood that there are people that want the kits but can't really afford buying them, and since I'm not in this for the money, I can give them away if I get proper credit and feedback on the kits.
I am still new to designing, and have a lot to learn, and any feedback will be HIGHLY APRECCIATED!!!

Thanks for reading!
HUGS
Jessica

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was well said. I too appreciate comments and actually look forward to them. I am going to try to design and have talked to Leonna about being a part of her store. Wish me luck. (and if you see something while you're there, please comment. lol :)

Angela in NC said...

Pat is right, I for one can't afford to buy kits even at a dollar or two a kit, so I am a freebie hound, but I always leave a comment to thank the designers for their time and talent...Most of the time on 4shared and at the blog...I wish I had to talent to do what you wonderful design ladies do, but since I can't, I rely on the talent and kindness of others and I make sure I let the designer know how much I appreciate all that they do...It really bugs me for designers when I see the number of downloads as compared to the number of comments...It also saddens me tremendously that so few have the manners or just the decency to at least just post thank you...I have seen a few designers that were at the point of quitting because of the lack of comments and people sharing their payed kits on Rapidshare and 4shared...It makes it so hard for those of us that can't afford to purchase the kits to get freebies when a designer gets so discouraged that they want to quit designing altogether...I just want to say Kudos to you and all the other kind, generous and talented designers out there!!!

:::hugs:::
Angela in NC

ccynden said...

I feel so blessed to have wonderful designers like you who are so willing to share their talents and your love of designing with us. I do not design, cannot design and it is through the generosity of beautiful people like you that make my layouts look fantastic. I never claim that I designed them, but my family knows that I collect freebies from the net and they just bring our family photos to a higher level than just a plain old snapshop. So for those designers who still design and do not get the glory you deserve please know that there are people who love your work, are grateful and appreciate your hard work and I pray that you do not allow the lack of thanks stop you from sharing. It is unfortunate that the word "thanks" or "thank you very much" has left our vocabulary along with a lot of other things we grew up with.

May God bless you all.

Sassy Pumpkins said...

Hi Jessica, I just found your blog and had a good old read and look around. I love your designs, they are quite beautiful. I'm just at the beginners stage of learning to design my own supplies but having fun with it and get a kick out of seeing an idea work lol.
Anyway, I wanted to say if you are looking for more folks to create layouts with your kit, I'd definitely like to apply for the position. I'm disabled with a spinal injury and so can't afford to go out and buy all the lovely kits, so I tend to scrap with just the freebies...I often feel so guilty that I accept the gifts the designers give out, without being able to return the kindness in buying their kits...so by offering to create some layouts with the kits, and sharing the finished layouts in several groups, thus getting them more recognition, makes me feel that I'm somehow repaying the 'debt' and kindess...does that make sense? It's also my reason for learning to design, so that once I'm confident enough I can also share them with others who might like them and give back to the community that has given me so much. So, if you do need another person creating some layouts with your kits, please do let me know what info you'd require of me to see if my work is suitable and I'll be only to happy to supply it.
Thank you again for your generosity and freebies, they are beautiful and I appreciate it greatly.